SPL-154 Version 1.1.1
© 2018 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
This is a Challenge Lab where you must complete a series of tasks within a limited time period. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you will be presented with a scenario and a series of tasks. An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed each task correctly.
To win the challenge, you must complete all tasks within the time period!
This lab does not teach AWS concepts. Instead, it is a test of your advanced Networking (VPC) skills. This lab is only recommended for students who have Amazon VPC skills.
This lab tests your ability to use:
- Amazon VPC
- Amazon EC2
- Security groups
- Route tables
- NAT Gateway
Notice the lab properties below the lab title:
- setup - The estimated time to set up the lab environment
- access - The time the lab will run before automatically shutting down
- completion - The estimated time the lab should take to complete
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by clicking
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
A status bar shows the progress of the lab environment creation process. The AWS Management Console is accessible during lab resource creation, but your AWS resources may not be fully available until the process is complete.
- Open your lab by clicking
This will automatically log you into the AWS Management Console.
Please do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common login errors
Error : Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Click again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Click click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial Qwiklabs window
- Click again
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.
Task 1: Enable Public Access to the Bastion Server
Task 2: Enable Remote Access to the Bastion Server
Task 3: Enable Remote Access to the Private Server
Task 4: Enable Outbound Internet Access for the Private Server